Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - BobG
I need to change the spark plugs on my wife's 1.2 Clio. I've read all the advertising blurb about multi electrode types such as Bosch but wonder if there is really any benefit in fitting such items or whether they might actually cause inferior combustion as some people claim. Does anyone have experience of this type of plug or have any thoughts on them ? The "standard " plugs are a simple NGK or Champion item.
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - LeePower
Hi

NGK & Bosch are both very good plugs, Dont fit Champion ones unless you like calling the breakdown service out.

Bosch super 4s are good or NGK Triple electrode, You aint gonna gane any BHP out of them, but they have a longer service life then the normal ones, its up to you, A set of standard NGKs can be yours for £5 if you go to the right place.
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - Doc

I have recently fitted some Bosch Multi-electrode spark plugs to a Nissan Micra 1.4

They came with the gaps pre-set (although I'm not sure how you would measure the gap anyway)

I can honestly say I can detect no difference, good or bad, from the old 'conventional' plugs I removed.

It was just that they had covered 18k and I thought it would be prudent to change them.

Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - Altea Ego
Is it really worth while fitting fancy plugs on what is a low stressed, fairly simple (by todays standards) engine?
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Go for the NGK's been fitting them for years and NEVER had a duff one. That said on Renaults I only fit Equyem plugs. They just seem to run better on them especially the 2.0 16valve engines.
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - BobG
Thanks I'll probably go for the NGK's and change them evey 10,000 miles - I do an oil + filter change every 5000 and a full service every 10,000 on all my cars.
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - MW
I always fit Bosch simple plugs to my Mercedes 230e (1992). Replace for £5 every year, never a problem. I have used all the makes over the years. What is the difference? Can Champion really be bad? Millions are used every day. Plugs are one of the most easiest componants to replace. Also very relaible. £5 once a year = easy starting, smooth running, and good MPG. Doing 10,000miles at 30 MPG, if one gets a .4% improvement one is in profit regardless of the other benifits.
Multi-electrode spark plugs - Clio - Sooty Tailpipes
NGK, whatever is recommended for you car - V-grooved, will have the gap set correctly. NGK have cold-rolled threads, some makes have machine-cut threads, which are eisier to cross-thread. I once had a BOSCH Platinum plug break up on a newish BMW, the ceramic part around the centre electrode was missing, and I think the electrode was too? can't remmeber, BMW sorted it out, and BOSCH weren't interested at all, and blamed high RPM and such twaddle! Luckily, the bits must have just been turn to dust and went into the exhaust system.