On-line used parts finders for Audi? - Nsar
Anyone recommend a good one. My relationship with my Audi gets worse. Just got her back after a tonne of auto-box hassle and now one of the cats has gone. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH Can't wait to sell it but need to fix the cat at lowest poss price.
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - borasport20
I think you'd struggle to find a used cat. What model is it ?
have you looked at GSF and Eurocarparts ?

--
just 'cos I know what I'm saying doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about

A6 Avant 2.8 V6 the ACK engine which is my problem as it's a crossover engine and the part is listed in the Bosal catalogue as being for the 100 Estate.
I got one from a scrappy but of course it's the wrong one.
tried GSF and ECP - GSF doesn't stock and ECP don't have one in.
I can find one on the web for $290 in the US but it may be to a different emissions set up.
From ancient memory aren't you in Bolton - I'm Bury do you know any good scrappies?
you remember well

The last true scrappie I knew in the area was gadbury motor dismantlers in atherton, but thats been a housing estate for a few years now. (god knows what they find when they dig their gardens up)

there are billboards opposite Big W on Manchester road advertising a scrappie/dismantler, I'll have a look for you tomorrow if you can. The other suggestion would be ring Brown St motors (in the good garage guide). He's a small independent VAG repairer in Bolton town centre, and if there is an obvious source he'll know where it is.
n.b. - he is a one man operation, and doesn't answer the phone when he's concentrating on a car, so be prepared to leave a message - perhaps if you left a message explaining the problem and asking for the lowest possible price to get it repaired ?

hope you get it sorted

On-line used parts finders for Audi? - Colin M
Try Martyn at www.vagparts.com

On-line used parts finders for Audi? - Dwight Van Driver
This one is supposed to contact likely holders of second hand spares:

www.247spares.com

DVD
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - No Do$h
Have you tried phoning around the usual fast-fit centres? If you trade them off against each other on price you can get some pretty good deals on cats.
ND - the indy who MOT'd it has quoted £410 fitted with VAT. Just nipped into ATS who quoted £865 with VAT! Waiting to hear from Kwik Fit
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - Peg-leg
You are wrong about Gadbuy motor dismantlers, the housing state is opposite the yard and belongs to a friend of mine.

Anyone know any breakers in Nottingham?

Some parts of this post have been edited to remove any naming and shaming (not with Gadbury motor dismantlers though) - DD
NSAR - from the billboard outside Big W -

who you going to call for 2nd hand car parts--
metro breakers
waterloo st
bolton

01204 388 488
or
07860 784 019
Cheers for that - incidentally based on your prev recommendation I spoke to the guy at Brown St motors. He couldn't help me with the elctrical problem I had but he didn't half do all he could to point me towards someone who could. I'll give him a call.

Cheers!
Thanks DVD - emailed 247 Parts and got two prices back within an hour - one for a new cat @ £200 inc VAT and one for £100 inc VAT for a used one with 90 days warranty. Both inc next day delivery
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - blue_haddock
Email me with the details of your vehicle including full reg and first thing in the morning i'll see what i can do for you.
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - Dynamic Dave
BH, check the original date of this posting. DD.
On-line used parts finders for Audi? - blue_haddock
Didn't notice that!