gearbox/clutch pug 405 gltd L plate - pienmash
hello people,driving down elephant and castle and my clutch pedal went,so i thought "oh god my clutch cable has gone"as i looked it was still attached,pushed clutch again and it went into gear,wicked it works,then the clutch went loose again after 15min,really hard to change gear ,so i pulled up in bethnal green and it was fine,i thought id change the clutch cable as it needed it,so i done that ,20min job ,clutch cable is now sorted and works perfect but its a lot hard changing gears now and the gearstick is bearing left?help,i noticed the gearstick in a diff postion when i thought the clutch cable had broke,have i broke something when trying really hard to get it into gear,P.s it has always had a gearstick jump when in 5th ,when the clutch is released in 5th it jumps at any speed,this has happended from when i got it?
gearbox/clutch pug 405 gltd L plate - Civic8
From what you said I`d replace gearbox clutch and gearlever remote mounting assuming it has one.ps I dont know the car but just a thought.?
are these the rods which to connect to the gearbox via levers.pug405 td
gearbox/clutch pug 405 gltd L plate - Civic8
yes.Have you looked at rear engine mounting if broken may be pulling it out of gear.Just an idea I dont know the layout
someone else said something once about engine mounts,maybe i should change them all to make sure its sturdy,rite there cheap to buy so ill do that this week.
gearbox/clutch pug 405 gltd L plate - DL
Gearbox mountings on the 405 don't generally give trouble.

Sounds like the external gear linkage mechanism has been disturbed during the cable change to me.

Have someone operate the gears and look for any possible fouling issues.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
the clutch cable has gone again,i think something is worn,any tips would be helpful,it keeps slipping from the pedal clip.
gearbox/clutch pug 405 gltd L plate - Insect
If the plastic clip on your clutch pedal is like the one on my Citroen, then the clip may need replacing rather than the cable. These clips usually fail when there is a lot of resistance in the system, eg seizing clutch arm bearings, so you may need to sort out whatever the cause of that is, too.
pug405 clutch d i y - pienmash
how do i tell if the clutch has gone,i got nothing failing cep clutch cable ,gears dont go into postion sometimes and 5th always jumps out ,is this clutch or selector rods /??????is it a easy job over 3 days,i got time
pug405 clutch d i y - LeePower
Hi

Make sure you get the correct clutch cable for your car, later 405s had a self adjusting cable fitted about 1994.
What gearbox you got? wheres your reverse? Up & left till mid 89 or Down & right later ones?
3rd gear is always a sod to select, even worse on the early boxes.
The linkage rods do wear out too, Take you VIN down the Peugeot dealer to get the right ones, theres 3 rods to change, they just pop on ( If your lucky! )
You sure its the cable & not the rubbish clip that holds it on the pedal, they are the favourite on these!
Make sure you get the right clutch assy if you do change it, different types again, Ones a pull arangement & the others a push type.
You can DIY it, The box just slides over to the right & out.
pug405 clutch d i y - pienmash
many thanks lee,im gona get the rods 2morrow and change anyway just 2 renew it,i just changed the clip after 3 hours on my back taking apart the pedals rachet etc etc just to attach a new clip,i got later gear box (down and right BE3 I THINK)not looking forward to changing clutch,3 rd gear as never been a problem just 1st and 5h really,,,,,gearstick is still sitting slighty to the left?????