Citroen ZX TD radio - Insect

The radio in my ZX is working fine, except that there is no illumination behind the liquid crystal display panel. It is just possible to see a very faint display, and the details it produces are correct.

Is the display lit by small bulbs, like the clock is? Can I dismantle the radio to replace them? If so, does anyone know how?
Citroen ZX TD radio - Civic8
If it is like the philips radio it will have a bulb behind the display.as I dont know what make it is would think if radio taken out from dash.remove top/bottom plates front panel should by pushing clips in come off.same applies to display assumming it needs to come off to replace bulb.I would expect to be corrected if wrong.as I said dont know what make it is?
Citroen ZX TD radio - Insect
Citroen 'own brand', original fitting.
Thanks for the advice. I may have a go this weekend. Sounds like the front panel and display are just plugged together, not permanantly fixed?
Citroen ZX TD radio - pienmash
bin it .
Citroen ZX TD radio - Dynamic Dave
bin it .

One day someone will offer you the same useless advice. If you've nothing constructive to contribute, then button it.

DD. BR Moderator.
Citroen ZX TD radio - Dynamic Dave

More than likely it is the back light bulb. Some bulbs are push in (v.similar to the dash bulbs), but the majority are soldered in pigmy bulbs. Cheap enough, but depends how steady a hand you have with regard to the soldering. Too much heat and you'll end up cracking the new bulb.

Citroen ZX TD radio - pienmash
i dont mean to sound sarky and im asking because i dont know ?,but i didnt think there were any bulbs on LCD readouts ,only for the buttons on older models and led for the newer models,am i on the right way of thinking or am i thick?lol please dont answer that .sorry also to dave with my last comment,buy you a shandy,grovel grovel