Rover 414i cold start problem - charliedoug
Difficulty in starting when cold, need to turn ignition key for 30 seconds for engine to catch, then splutters and pops before eventually running (30 seconds). Once warm starts fine. Plugs, distributor and leads replaced. Any clues?
Rover 414i cold start problem - Civic8
As a matter of interest when ignition is turned on can you hear a noise from rear of car(reason I ask is fuel pump may not always start)it is something I have been looking into but as yet no results
What sort of noise should I be listening for there is a general hum when I switch the ignition on for about 3 seconds. I think generates more from the front of the car though.
Rover 414i cold start problem - Civic8
Hum comes from rear as the pump is installed in the fuel tank.I think you may be best off going to rovers as it sounds like an electrical fault.from what you said would think ecu fault not uncommon on this car.To explain fuel pump pressurises injection system.ecu controls the injectors and ignition if a problem with ecu it isnt kept in memmory as some cars are ie it has to be put on Diagnostics to find the fault.downside is could cost a bit unless it ie the fault is there all the time.Sorry if wrong but have had probs myself.same motor
I have checke this morning hum comes from the rear, the fault is there all the time when cold. I will get a diagnostics check.
Thanks.
Rover 414i cold start problem - DL
Single point Injection?

Check the temperature sensor is connected (underside of the inlet manifold)

It's hidden and is easily forgotten when refitting the cylinder head.

Hope this helps - DL
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link