laguna auto box sticks - kiwi II
Hi, me again! My 96 laguna has stuck in 3rd gear a couple of times on the open road (seemed to be after shifting down). It resets itself if I slow down and it selects second, then it'll be fine. Any ideas?
laguna auto box sticks - Aprilia
I'm astonished that it was worth shipping a '96 Laguna to NZ. Can't be that many Renaults there - when I was last in NZ everybody seemed to be driving Subarus, Toyotas and Hondas (in fact don't Toyota have an assembly plant in Thames?).

Anyway, "Renault" and "automatic" are not words that sit nicely together (rather like "dog" and "dirt"). Reaching back into the recesses of my memory I seem to recall that Reanult had a problem with a seal failing on the 3rd gear servo piston and sticking. I think the seal is not available seperately, so the whole assembly has to be purchased - not cheap. I would guess that this is the problem. Anyone with a bit of experience in rebuilding Renault 'boxes should be able to confirm. Try sending an e-mail to ATP at Hednesford, UK, they would probably be kind enough to give you a reply.