car hire & points on licence - Rebecca {P}
No it's not me!

Mr R has been told by his employer that he has been caught by a speed camera (41 in 30mph if it makes a difference) in his company van. They are sending the paperwork to him.

If he is to get points on his point-free licence, when will that happen? I'm asking because we have booked car hire abroad for the first week of June. There were no points to declare back then. Should we contact the rental company and let them know? He will need both parts of his licence to pick up the car.

I have no problem with being honest and paying extra if needed, but am concerned that his licence will have to be sent away.

Anyone know?

Rebecca
car hire & points on licence - Malcolm_L
Most and I stress most rental companies accept 1 speeding endorsement as a matter of course.

Depends on the wording, does it ask if any convictions are pending or does it only ask if you have a clean licence?

Given the date of the holiday I'd keep the licence until after
the holiday in any case, suggest you try rebooking as Mrs Smith with 3 points on her licence and see what they say.
If the response isn't favourable at least you aren't committed.

car hire & points on licence - Altea Ego
Most Hire car co's will accept one speeding endorsement. The timing could be a problem tho. The license will need to go away for the addition of points. Think you may have to drag it out a bit. Not having had one someone will be along to explain the sequence.
car hire & points on licence - Mapmaker
Ring them asap, in case you need to change hire firms.

You cannot not tell them, otherwise I doubt you'd be insured - and in view of your comment about honesty, I have no doubt that you would anyway. So take away your uncertainty and worry, and ring them asap.
car hire & points on licence - Welliesorter
With regard to spinning things out, in my (recent) experience you have 28 days to return the notice of intended prosecution and the same amount of time to respond to the conditional offer of points and a fine rather than prosecution.

Not an identical situation I know, but I rang my insurance company today to ask if they needed to know about the points. The answer was yes but there was no point in telling them until after the points had been applied as they need to know the code on my licence corresponding to the type of offence.