BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - sennapod
have been offered a 525d SE with 79K miles and fully loaded, on an 02 plate for 17K GBP.

How long do these engines last ?- I only cover 7-8K per annum - so mileage would average out over the 6 or 7 years I would plan to keep it.

Is it a good deal ? what probs could I expect in the short term given high mileage ?
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - MB
I don't know whether it is a good deal or not but I would question why you want to pay all that money to buy a diesel when cheaper petrol will surfice. Doing such a small mileage - do you need a diesel?
I'm sure it will not be a problem for the engine especially with six monthly oil changes.
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - NowWheels
I don't know whether it is a good deal or not
but I would question why you want to pay all that
money to buy a diesel when cheaper petrol will surfice.
Doing such a small mileage - do you need a diesel?
I'm sure it will not be a problem for the engine
especially with six monthly oil changes.

I thought that the advantages of a modern diesel were not just economy, but also more flexible performance and longer engine life.
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - DavidHM
It sounds a little bit, rather than wildly, expensive to me. Would I be right in saying that it is a topaz blue manual with beige leather?

I would probably want to pay more like £15-£16k, given that a three year old with this mileage would be about £13k at auction.
That is particularly because, even though I would personally prefer a manual, automatics make a lot more money used.

On the other hand, the 525d Touring is a fairely rare car so if that's what you want - and it is an excellent car - then especially if you can haggle £1k off then I'd say go for it.
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - Mark (RLBS)
>>Would I be right in saying that it is a topaz blue manual with beige leather?

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my £5.
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - sennapod
Indeed you a correct ! - have been watching / tracking their stock for a while waiting for the right one.

Thanks for everyones replies - what life can expect from the engine 150K ??
BMW 525D SE Touring - good deal - DavidHM
Have a look at:

www.ukcar.com/sub_domains/cardesc.asp?stockno=4064...0

This seems very cheap. The London plates on it do rather suggest that it could be an ex-Met traffic car, although the spec doesn't.