Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Robert Oates
I seem to remember an article offering the address of a company offering a material to cover the dash to reduce reflections.

I have an elderly customer with a 206 who can't cope with the reflection of the dash when she drives into the sun!

An address of a supplier would be appreciated

Thankyou
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Tomo
I found the stuff hard to get, and found an ordinary piece of corrugated cardboard sprayed matt black and stuck on with Blutack answered well. Not very elegant, but much safer than the glare.

Good luck!
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Tomo
PS You need several coats, as the first one or two soak into the cardboard.
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Dan J
Does she keep polishing and cleaning it? I let mine get nice and dusty and it stops reflecting then! Various older relatives of mine/friends seem to have the propensity to polish every available plastic surface in their cars with furniture polish, then complain they can't see when it is sunny!
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - honest john
The address is in Australia. Check it out in the column archives on The Telegraph's website. The simplest way to avoid dashboard reflections is to wear Polaroid sunglasses. All the complaints I have ever had about dashboard reflections are from older people. It seems that younger people simply adapt to ignoring the reflections and see through them, but older people can't do this.

HJ
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Andy Bairsto
They are so easy to make with a little mat velvet cloth and some scissors and they are available to buy through www.kts.de (or were)
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Independent Observer
Interesting concept.

The fastest you can drive an unlit road safely on dipped headlights is, I believe, 56mph.

How many youngsters can "safely" drive much faster than this, even against the glare of oncoming headlights?

Or in dense fog?!

Or perhaps these youngsters are ignoring something else.
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Brian
Look for some black mesh-type non-slip shower matting.
It is flexible, rubberised and doesn't slip, and can be cut to shape to lay on the dashboard when needed and removed when it's not.
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - John
Robert. following on from Brians suggestion try the caravan/ camping shops for the non slip rubber in a range of colours.
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - Andrew Tarr
Another observation from my recent trip to Samos was that most taxis had a piece of towelling covering the top of the facia (presumably to reduce reflections, but it would also keep the plastic cooler) - rather similar to what is found on most public bars here.
Re: Reflections from dash onto windscreen - colin
I think this problem has become more acute with the newer aerodynamic shape of cars. It's one of the reasons I rejected the Citroen Picasso.