Triumph Vitesse - Martin Devon
O.K. you knowlegable lot,

Triumph Vitesse 2litre greg 98 k miles. Condition at this juncture unknown. saloon not rag top in a medium blue which I have to say I don't know whether it is original. If it is in reasonably good nick, i.e. those sills not rotted out etc. and with a reasonable engine what is its likely worth. Am thinking of revisiting youth! (Stupid boy!)

Regards as ever.
Triumph Vitesse - malteser
About fifty quid if it has a MOT!
Every "Herald" ever made was horrible!
Roger.
Triumph Vitesse - teabelly
Have a look at the club triumph website www.club-triumph.org.uk they might have some classifieds in there with something similar. Ditto autotrader.

The saloons vary a lot in price and are usualy around half of what the equivalent rag top would fetch. So a rough saloon is usually less than a grand to buy. A few hundred quid if it needs a lot doing to it.

I think they did do a blue, if it is the same shade as some of the stags and 2000s then it is an original colour but not necessarily original to the car.

If you do buy it then the following places are also useful:

www.quillertriumph.co.uk
www.rimmerbros.co.uk
www.canleyclassics.com/

I think they're great cars but I am biased as I have a mark 1 rag top :-)

If you're anywhere near the midlands the the Triumph International Weekend is on in July (stafford county showground) and there is usually a decent autojumble. Or tatton park classic car show is on at the end of May/start of June which is another good place to get bits.
teabelly