Best local auction for Celica/Puma - Paul Thomas
I will be looking for a Toyota Celica 2.0 GT or Ford Puma 1.7i in the next couple of months.

I will either be purchasing privately or possible from a auction.

I live in the Herefordshire area and was wondering if anyone know's of any good auctions within a sensible traveling distance that would likely have these sorts of cars ?

I have between £5,000 and £6,000 to spend.

I have purchased a vehicle from a auction before (Land Rover Discovery 3.9 v8i from Brightwells in Leominster so have a reasonable idea what it's all about)

Could anyone give me a rough idea what I would expect to get for this sort of money by auction ?
Best local auction for Celica/Puma - midlifecrisis
The BCA Auction site always has bargains going through. Every wed and fri, starting at 10.30am. Arrive by 9.30 to view and get a perking space. Your budget will give you an excellent choice and it's tempting to get something you hadn't considered before.
Best local auction for Celica/Puma - midlifecrisis
Doh!! It's in Tewksbury
Best local auction for Celica/Puma - VTiredeyes
I have an immaculate puma 1.7i lux pack with only 19K miles w reg 2000 for sale, looking for £7199 for it. its silver and very sweet motor! ffsh and 9 tax&mot. near J3 on m5.
if you want! sure you could find another £1K under the floorboards ! waitng for V5 after transfering reg onto wifes car tho.
Unfortunately £6k is as far as I can go, this will be a loan anyway !

All depends on me getting a new job first tho !

Tewksbury would be OK, I work in Ledbury anyway.
What's the Tewksbury auction like, a reasonable size ?

Any idea what £6k would get as far as a Celica 2.0 GT or Puma 1.7i ?
Best local auction for Celica/Puma - And1
BCA Car Auctions:

Belle Vue have 7 Pumas this week.
Enfield also have 7.
There are several at each of Brighouse, Birmingham and
odd ones at several other sites.

Mostly R-X Registration, mostly low-average mileage.
Thanks

How about Celica's, that will be my first choice ?

Any ideas what I would get for the £6k ?
Paul

The problem is that 6k would get you an excellent pre 2000
version but thats the old model. On 9th April a 1996P with
61k made 4k but the auctioneer invented the bids. Hadn't better
say which auction. There is a very nice 25k 2000/V vvti at Belle
Vue next Tuesday but will probably fetch 8k plus.
You can subscribe to the BCA stock locator which gives various options regarding looking at stock in terms of number of searches and length of subscription. The best option is probably the £10 tariff which gives 2months or 50 searches and expires when one of these as been reached. There are currently 22 Celicas on offer over the next week at various sites and over 30 Pumas.
Thanks

I must say I prefer the 'bug eyed' Gen6 version anyway.

I will look at taking your advice once I am in a position to get one.

How much cheaper, on average, should a vehicle be at auction compared to buying privately ?
It should be cheaper to buy at auction. Supposedly prices at auction vary between Below average and Private Good sale prices.
(Parkers guide prices that is).
In reality some makes and models fetch somewhat less than that although some small popular makes usually do fetch book money.
Also if buying privately refer to Honest John's car buying advice. Also advise to do a HPI or experian check. Also see my notes under the thread 'Vehicle Mileage Check'.If you buy at auction these checks for VCar, Finance etc will be done automatically on all cars over £1000 although bear in mind mileage data is not available on all cars, so look for vehicles where mileage is warranted.