Bad things and threes. - teabelly
I went to collect my vitesse today from its winter retreat. Firstly I found it was stuck in gear totally. Previously I had been leaving it with the handbrake on and having it stuck by the handbrake (I'm sure that is simpler!). I couldn't even waggle the stick! Then I tried to start it and it wouldn't start but it proceeded to remove the last remaining breath of life in the battery. But it did unstick the clutch so I could get it out of gear so a little ray of sunshine. I sent my dad off to go get another battery and some jump leads. Tried those, same thing, now we had two flat batteries. Then we went back and got a battery charger to try and push some life into the battery and discovered that the garage door lock had jammed and the car is stuck inside in the garage during the 10 minutes we left the car! No amount of door handle waggling, key waggling and booting the garage door would open it. Aarrgghh!

teabelly
Bad things and threes. - Clanger
Things can only get better.

I have some slides (!) of my dad demonstrating handbrake turns on the lawn in 1970. My, how those swing axles swung!

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Bad things and threes. - frostbite
Console yourself with the thought that you might have got the engine running and then jammed the door lock.