pug brakes/girling type front disc help - pienmash
pug 405 gltd/am going to change pads and discs on front,one thing that has stumped me is how to lever the piston back to allow for new pad and disc width(any ideas please)also,the previous owner had decided to make the disc screws rounded,i.e. i cant get in there with a phillips or straight edge(should i just drill them out)or is there a easier way.many thanks john
pug brakes/girling type front disc help - Civic8
are you putting equal pressure on both sides of the piston.ie pressure on one side only will force the piston in at an angle causing it to stick.screws try using an old flathead screwdriver and give it hard/sudden shocks with a hammer they normally give way.if not use a chisel.the above usually works though.
im bit thick mech1,when you take the piston side off, theres nothing to lever it,should i lever it when the caliper is fitted and not taken apart,when i took it apart ,i tryed pushing it down,i tryed rubber hammer,i tryed mostly everything,but failed.
pug brakes/girling type front disc help - Civic8
when you take the piston side off, theres nothing to lever it,should i lever it when the caliper is fitted and not taken apart,

yes leverage is far better but it can be done off using a G clamp or similar.if you use a G clamp make sure it is central on the piston.you may also find it helpfull to remove master cylinder cap as the air trapped may give a lot of resistance to fluid being pushed back into master cyl
nice one mate
pug brakes/girling type front disc help - glowplug
For removing the screws you could try either a impact wrench or driving them round with a centre punch, this is risky but sounds like you don't have a lot to lose.

Steve.