RE: Scooter problem at high speed. - Greg R
I have a slight problem with my scooter. It is a Yamaha Majesty 125cc with 18000 miles.

Whilst riding at an indicated 60mph, it accelerates as it should. However, as I accelerate to near full throttle, it is as if I can feel the engine deaccelerating before it gives more power. It is very brief and occurs for about a second or two. The bike doesn't reduce in speed, but it feels like the engine is deaccelerating slightly.

Any ideas.
RE: Scooter problem at high speed. - Ppaul
I'm no expert but does it have a rev limiter??
Oh yes, that was my initial thought. It has a rev limiter in the form of a CDI unit. But what is odd is that it never happened in the 2 years I have owned it.
RE: Scooter problem at high speed. - Dynamic Dave
Could be fuel starvation. Check the fuel filter (if fitted) and clean/change the air filter.
RE: Scooter problem at high speed. - monkeyboy
Hello. I had the same problem with my majesty. After thinking it was fueling and cleaning out the vacuum tap etc. I realised that it was electrical. I pulled apart the HT lead cap and found that the carbon connector had been worn away. Replaced the HT lead and cap for a couple of pounds and never had the problem again. The ignition must not have been giving a bright enough spark when the engine was under load but was able to cope when the engine had reached it's top speed.
Found out what it was in the end. The engine was worn (the valve seals) and at 25,000 miles, each time blue smoke came out and engine lost power. The power came back a second later.

In town use it is fine.
RE: Scooter problem at high speed. - martint123
Can I claim my prize then Greg? From the original post.

Blowby doesn't usually cause smokey exhausts - thats valve stem seals.

Have you had it repaired? shouln't have been too big a job

Martin