Astra 1.7dti turbocharger - Timoshanko
Can you check for the correct operation of the waste gate solenoid valve on an 2000 model (new shape) Astra 1.7dti
Charge pressure sensor - Timoshanko
Can anyboby tell me what a charge pressue sensor does and would a faulty one make my 2000 Astra 1.7dti sluggish
Charge pressure sensor - DL
It senses the turbocharger boost pressure that is present in the inlet manifold.

Yes, if faulty, it would have a detrimental effect upon engine power output.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Charge pressure sensor - Timoshanko
Thanks for that DL can you tell me if it is possible for the DIY man to check that the charge pressure is faulty or not
Charge pressure sensor - DL
Apart from checking the connections to the unit are sound there isn't a whole lot you can do to test the unit I'm afraid. The ECU has a self diagnosis function which will flag up any faults and are readable by a suitable code reader or scan tool (£££'s)

Reading and observing live engine data is also possible - the boost pressure sensor (using it's more generic name) is one of these.

Have you noticed a loss in performance, I take it?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link