Selling a car? Then answer your phone! - Colin M
Further to previous post about my mates dead Previa, we've been trying to shop for a Mondeo replacement over the last two days.

Taking BR advice, looking for a facelift Ghia 97 on with adequate cash in pocket. Rang about a dozen cars in Autotrader within 40 miles radius and more than half of the sellers didn't answer their home or mobile numbers.

Surely if you put an ad in the paper, you need to make sure your mobile is switched on. A real pain, and the couple we looked at were wrecks, so back home empty handed.

Selling a car? Then answer your phone! - NARU
I used to get a better response rate replying to ads in the local paper - people are more likely to know which day it comes out and stay by the phone.

Keep looking - I have a 35,000 mile 96 Mondeo Ghia estate which I've owned from 15 months old (and was my company car from new before that), and the garage tell me that good ones are now starting to become scarce. Mine's not for sale - at least three people in the extended family keep badgering me to sell it to them.
Selling a car? Then answer your phone! - Civic8
Take your point about selling using mobile phones.I wonder if the person takes it serious at answering mobile on the move.if so would answer your question.but then if unless you withheld your number I would phone you back.?Ps I do if I advertise and was on the move giving a mobile/no.but then the caller needs to call not withholding his/her no
Selling a car? Then answer your phone! - Colin M
No, not withholding number. Understand the seller might be driving or otherwise occupied, but we adopted a military precision exercise from Thursday. All suitable vehicles printed out on A4 sheet, notes made time of call, response etc. Many pages just have a couple of days worth of calls with "no reply" noted.