Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - Richard Hall
I was just trying to get some information on Enfield Bullet motorcycles and stumbled across this marvellous site: www.cybersteering.com

It's an Indian car site - sort of a cross between Honest John and the Auto Trader. In the new cars section, take a look at the Hindustan Contessa - I'm sure I have seen that body shape before, only last time it had a Vauxhall badge on it (and holes in the sills).
Re: Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - andy bairsto
That is some interesting site,the victor worked out at 7,700ukp,I had a 72 1800
estate which had cross ply tyres and they where supposed to made with 30% thicker steel .It was a nice car to drive and a very simple one to maintain with mountains of room.
Re: Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - honest john
They had a white one of these at the place I worked in 1971. So did the County Durham police. Our car was sometimes chauffeur driven and the guy had left his cap in the car. I was late for a date. So I put on the hat, put on the headlights and overtook all the traffic through Gateshead. I s'pose I could have got done for impersonating a police car but I didn't.

HJ
Re: Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - Andy
And to think you call yourself Honest John...!
Re: Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - ladas are cool
dishonest john ;-)
Re: Want to buy a new Vauxhall Victor? - Dan J
Excellent site! I note the equipment list of Contessa (Victor?!) includes 'heater' and 'cigarette lighter' and also the tech specs of both front and rear brakes are described as 'drum 232 mm'. Bet it makes for interesting driving!