'95 Astra door rattles - clett
A rattle on/in my '95 Astra passenger door has been driving me nuts for ages. I've been keeping myself sane by packing the space between the bottom of the passenger door and the sill with plastic bags, as this pushes the door out a bit and prevents the rattle!

However, the drivers door has just recently started making exactly the same noise so it made me wonder if this might not be a common feature of all '95 Astras? If it is, can anyone on here tell me what the remedy is?

There must be a better way!?

Cheers.
'95 Astra door rattles - Dynamic Dave
First thing to do is take off the door cards and see if anything is loose.

I vaguely recall that Vauxhall used to put the seatbelt pretentioner locking clips (you had to lock the pretentioner with a plastic clip, should you ever need to remove the seat) inside the door for safe keeping. Not sure which models, and they didn't do it for too long as the rattle from it got on peoples nerves.
'95 Astra door rattles - Sooty Tailpipes
A weak point on Vauxhalls during the '90s was the check strap, does the door make a cracking sound from the check strap as you open it? If so it could have broken from it's mountings within the door, and be rattling when it's closed.
'95 Astra door rattles - Victorbox
If the door hinge pins are worn due to lack of lubrication they can cause a slight metalic rattle. Try oiling them. On earlier Vauxhalls you used to be able to gently prise off the plastic hinge pin end caps with a thin bladed screwdriver (mind that paintwork) and oil the hollow hinge pins. I don't think Vauxhall have changed the hinge pin design on the 95 Astra.
'95 Astra door rattles - mike1664
Ive eventually pinpointed a very annoying rattle on my 1995 astra to be a worn hinge lug.There are 2 lugs welded to the drivers door,and 1 lug welded to the body.The hinge pin goes through all 3 once they are all lined up.Its the middle lug that is worn.I ve tried new pins and lots of grease,but to no avail.Any ideas?