Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - PoloGirl
Twenty minutes on the phone, a lovely man called Darren and one happy Pologirl!

I am now the proud owner of a reinstated no claims bonus, and a refund of £450.27.

And it only took 8 months and 4 days!!

Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - No Do$h
That sort of tenacity in the face of adversity has to feature in a job interview somewhere, wouldn't you say?

Well done on getting this sorted.
Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - Clanger
Good news PG. Don't spend it all at once.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - smokie
I'm sure this is the second thread I've read today about good news which took somewhere close to 9 months to materialise... :-)

I wonder if your basic premium will rise significantly next year?

Well done though...
Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - BazzaBear {P}
Do you know, I had a similar 6 month battle with an insurance company because I booked it over their internet page, which made no mention of young driver excess, and when the documentation arrived they had added £250 excess.
Unfortunately, I didn't find a nice man called Darren, I found a nasty woman who refused to put me through to a supervisor, and refused point black to see my point of view. I ended up going through a watchdog, and was absolutely fuming to find that after 6 months of treating me like a dog and ignoring me completely, all they needed was a letter of information from the watchdog and they backed down instantly.
Talk about proving that you don't care about your customers.

As a further conincidence, from NoDosh's suggestion for a job interview, I had one of them a few months back, and was aksed a question about dealing with someone who you aren't getting on with. I couldn't think of an example at all (since I'm so nice ;) ), but that would have been perfect if I'd thought of it.
Where were you 3 months ago ND??????
Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - No Do$h
I woz 'ere. Where woz you?
Faith in insurance somewhat restored... - BazzaBear {P}
I woz ... sorry, was ... sitting in an interview room, sweating copiously and desperately trying to think of somthing to say about dealing with aggravating people.
Ohwell, not to worry, I didn't get the job, but the missus did, so that means she's the one who has to work harder, while I still enjoy the benefits of US having more money. Bargain!