Diesel car filled wirh Petrol - ndbw
There is no current post on this but I wonder if my experience could be of assistance.
When serving in the RAF we converted from Mosquitos to Meteor jet fighters,ie from twin Merlins using 100oct petrol to twin Derwents using Kerosine.The meteors held 325 galls and their duration was app.60mins the fact that we were one of the few in the south to have this requirement for jet fuel,it was laid down that inm the event of a forced landing at another drome that only had 100oct fuel,it was permitted to fill up with this and add 1pint of engine oil per 100galls.of petrol to ensure that there was no damage to the fuel pumps.
Could this offer a cheaper alternative to draining flushing etc in the event of a mistake when refueling a diesel car

ndbw
Diesel car filled wirh Petrol - 659FBE
Definitely not. The high compression ratio of a diesel will not allow such fuels to be burnt without detonation damage. To add lubricity to an incorrect fuel for the benefit of the pump, self-mixing 2 stroke oil is better, but the detonation damage would write off the engine.

Diesel car filled wirh Petrol - dieselnut
ndbw is talking about a jet engine which has a different combustion principle to a CI engine & so detonation wouldn't be an issue I think. The oil was just to lub the fuel pump.
I think you will get away with 25% petrol mixed with diesel without damaging the engine.
Diesel car filled wirh Petrol - 659FBE
Agreed. The effective CR of a jet is far lower than that of a diesel. The 25% petrol mix is borderline, and will cause damage over prolonged running with worst case diesel lubricity and the most vulnerable pumps. Having tested these, I'd better not say any more.

General advice - use mineral fuel to spec. and drain and change filters frequently. Use OE or Bosch filters only.

Diesel car filled wirh Petrol - sierraman
1 pint of oil to 100gals petrol does not seem very much,0.125% ratio.
I have experience of diesel in a petrol car,luckily I did not fill up so had about 5 gals of diesel in with a couple of gals of petrol.Made it home in a cloud of smoke,pumped out as much as possible with an electric fuel pump on the supply pipe,then filled up,making sure to use petrol this time.Rather than discard the petrodiesel mix I added a gallon at a time to a nearly full tank(upper cylinder lubrication?).