Land Rovers in Brazil. - David W
Just reading a Land Rover magazine as a substitute for actually getting mine finished.

There was a comment about a Brazillian owner and they referred to the Land Rover "having a tremendous reputation" in Brazil.

Now then Mark I thought you were all Japanese monster truck guys out there.

David
Re: Land Rovers in Brazil. - Mark (Brazil)
> Now then Mark I thought you were all Japanese monster truck
> guys out there.

Mmm. Well, you certainly see a lot of "real" landrovers. I haven't seen a single Freelander. There are a few Discos, but not that many although I did see one in Downtown Rio the other day complete with floaty bits and a snorkel;.

I can imagine that the real ones are popular mostly because they have a similar level of technology to the average garage here.

You see quite a lot of them further north.

Chile, on the other hand, which is where I actually live (work in Brazil) is different. There are quadrillions of Freelanders and Discos ;

Also a fair amount of Japanese stuff, but a great deal of the large american thingies - like my Dodge for example.
Re: Land Rovers in Brazil. - David W
You mean real as in green and held together with rivets?

Do they go for petrol or diesel then and do they substitute the engines for something else. As in get rid of the "gutless" Land Rover ones.

Surely Brazil and Chile are separated by something the size of Spain, how does that work for you then...long trip home at 6pm.

David

> You mean real as in green and held together with rivets?

There's another definition ?

> Do they go for petrol or diesel then and do they substitute
> the engines for something else. As in get rid of the
> "gutless" Land Rover ones.

Diesel anything is not that popular here. But I'll look as I drive around and report back on my findings.

> Surely Brazil and Chile are separated by something the size
> of Spain, how does that work for you then...long trip home at
> 6pm.

I don't go home every weekend, it takes about 6 hours each way. But I am going home this weekend !!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

M.
Re: Land Rovers in Brazil. - Tomo
"Live in Chile, work in Brazil"?

Come on then, Mark, how do you commute/ Presumably not via the high puna, where Dr Maturin had to travel?
Taxi to Rio Airport, shuttle down to Sao Paulo, Lan Chile to Santiago, 4wd into the Andes. - 9 hrs door to door.
Re: Land Rovers in Brazil. - Andrew Barnes
I regularly visit Recife in the north of Brazil. There is a Land Rover main agent there and they are a regular site around the city, only a few discos and one or two freelanders.

Andrew