Tyre pressure indicators - frmarcus
Can HJ or anyone please advise if the pressure indicators that are permanently attached to car tyres are good and, if so, what make(s) is/are decent. Many thanks.
frmarcus
Tyre pressure indicators - Peter D
You can buy any make you like as they will not have them very long becuase kids nick them. Personnaly I would not fit them, they make the valve more vunerable to damage and are they that reliable at sealing to the valve. Regards Peter
Tyre pressure indicators - Claude
I have a couple of sets and they work well but I wouldnt fit them to every car for two reasons:
- They protrude more than a conventional valve cap and therefore get scrapped on the kerb with certain wheels.
- More of a disadvantage is the fact that the red indicator moves only a tiny bit with quite a large reduction of pressure. For example, on my Rangerover its needs a pressure drop of 3 to 5 PSI before you can see that the indicator is showing. Even then you've got to squat down and look at it closely. So its certainly not a case of just being able to walk round the vehicle and see whether any tyre had dropped a couble of PSI. tyr