Fiat Punto door lock & hinge information - Reggie
A low life of society has wrecked the door on my sons Fiat Punto, by forcing the top rear corner outwards whilst trying to break in to his car. This has completely damaged the door frame beyond repair, as there is now a 5\" gap tapering towards the front whilst it is closed plus other damage. I assume that the alarm going off deterred the ******* from gaining access to the car.

I have sourced a second hand door, (which was already off the car when my son picked it up), but I am unsure as to how the hinges are secured. On the ?new? door the top hinge has a lug which obviously drops into the hinge on the body and there appears to be a bolt or bolt that I assume secures it in position. Does the bottom hinge just need the securing bolt undoing and the hinge tapping out, as that appears to have a nut on it?

My other problem is the door lock. I have removed locks in the distant past (20 years ago) whereby the key was inserted and turned, and then a plunger was depressed so that the lock could be removed. Does anybody have any knowledge of how it is achieved on a Punto door?

In anticipation,
Reggie
Fiat Punto door lock & hinge information - Reggie
Sorted.

The door has two bolts and it then lifts off.

The lock has a clip that slides under the lock against the door.

Reggie