New Accord Not Selling? - Dogbreath
Is it just me or are there none around? Has the Mazda 6 taken all the sales?
New Accord Not Selling? - BobbyG
Robbie would disagree with you - see his separate thread.
New Accord Not Selling? - No Do$h
Is it just me or are there none around?

I've seen very few saloons/hatchbacks
Has the Mazda 6 taken all the sales?

It deserves to as an estate car. I've seen loads of Accord Tourers and can't help but consider that old chestnut that the Japanese always look at the most stylish european cars in a given class and add their own particular "take" on them.

Sit a Tourer next to a 156SW and look at the rear side window, the swage lines rising up from mid-flank towards the C pillar, the forward swage line swooping over the front wheel arch, the narrowed appearance of the tailgate glass.....

Then look at the monstrous rear overhang and general impression that somebody stood on it when it left the factory. Yuk!

The Mazda6 is, to all intents and purposes, an A4 Avant with a set of Lexus-style rear lights and a silver centre console. Still a Japped-up version of a European best-seller, but a much better executed version than the Accord.

Another reason you may not have seen a lot of Accords is that they are the epitome of bland, failing to even register as anything more than "Oh, a vehicle." when I'm driving.
New Accord Not Selling? - Robbie
I haven't seen many on the road, but they had a stack in at the dealer where I bought mine and they have all been sold. Even the saloon that was in the showroom has gone.
New Accord Not Selling? - Jase
I think another reason for slow sales is that they are overpriced. Badge snobb Britons will buy the German marques at the same prices.

The new Honda diesel Accord is supposed to be fantastic, so if its not selling then its too pricey.
New Accord Not Selling? - spinner
There are quite a few saloons around here - not many tourers though.

You won't see many, as they don't expect to shift more than about 10000 anyway, the diesel is their 'trump card' - and that's just been released.
Apparently it's better than the competition.

On close in inspection at my dealer - the new one looks better put together than the previous version.
New Accord Not Selling? - Robbie
I think another reason for slow sales is that they are
overpriced. Badge snobb Britons will buy the German marques at the
same prices.
The new Honda diesel Accord is supposed to be fantastic, so
if its not selling then its too pricey.

You are quite right, it is fantastic. I'm delighted with my new acquisition and I don't agree with ND about its looks. I think it is very attractive, and so do a number of reviewers of the car. Obviously, it is all down to personal perception and taste.

The drive is brilliant, and it's so quiet and refined. The seating is very comfortable and it all makes for very relaxed motoring.
New Accord Not Selling? - spinner
BTW the previous model is a very good car - so if the new one is an improvement on that, then Honda will have no problem shifting it.
New Accord Not Selling? - No Do$h
I think it is very attractive, and so do
a number of reviewers of the car.

So does Mrs ND, but then she married me so I can't draw any conclusions on good taste on her part.