Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - Chris Brown
The car is suffering from power loss throughout the rev range (as if the turbo isn't working). Please advise as to possible causes and remedies.
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - autumnboy
Check all the pipes/ducts between the turbo and inlet manifold to ensure you have no splits or any have parted, causing a loss of pressure/boost.
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - Philnog
I had a similar problem with my Passat TDI (110). At fault was the electronic air intake meter.
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - P E
Had this on my golf tdi (110). It was the turbo in my case. Replaced under the used car warranty by VW. It cost 790GBP or thereabouts.
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - DL
Try a forum search - there's loads of info about this very problem....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - Greg R
I have heard about coil failure on this car. This may be something to have tested.

Other ideas: air leak somewhere
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - keo-the-dog
I have heard about coil failure on this car.

not on a tdi its diesel
Audi A4 TDI (110) Power Loss - thumpit1
Hi, Just had similar prob on my 1996 110 tdi. 140000 mile Firstly.. intermittant loss of power which came back when switched ignition off and back on again. Only usually lasted to the next set of lights. soon after problem permanent.
Car in Limp mode, max 3000 rpm and struggled to get to 35 mph had to work the gears hard.
Eventually traced to collapsed Cat!!! can you believe! we think that the innards had come away from the shell causing a blockage. Try disconnecting the CAT at the silencer side of the car. All we did was to loosen it, gave it a bit of a shake ( its on a flexi) leave 1 bolt in place to hold and hey presto! The power was back. Off now to source a new CAT (perhaps a new exhaust this was the original) but so what afetr that nightmare.