damaged clio alloy - pgg
Is it possible to have an alloy wheel 'fixed' if it has been dented on the inside rim by a pothole? It has been balanced without problem but we are losing air from the tyre as a result.
damaged clio alloy - pastyman
Providing the damage is not severe, fit a tube, simple.

Pastyman
damaged clio alloy - Andy P
I don't think it's legal to fir tubes to car tyres nowadays....but I may be wrong.

Andy
damaged clio alloy - pgg
thanks - will check out the legallity of the tube option.
damaged clio alloy - Dynamic Dave
Depending on the size of the wheel, from memory you can't fit tubes in wheels greater than 13", I think?. Something to do with the extra heat lower profile tyres generate I believe.
Obviously agricultural and HGV's have larger wheels with tubes fitted, but they don't go fast enough to cause the same problems that a low profile tyre with a tube fitted will.
damaged clio alloy - pastyman
D.D.
Don't forget that H.G.V.'s also carry a lot more weight than your average car, they may not go as fast as your average car, but their tyres take a hell of a pounding due to the weights invloved, even a few p.s.i. down can cause a tyre to overheat to the extent that the tyre just 'blows', leaving the familiar trails of tread on the motorway.

Pastyman
damaged clio alloy - henry k
I don't think it's legal to fir tubes to car tyres
nowadays....but I may be wrong.

I always understood that fitting tubes to tubeless tyres was not recommended, even for normal profile tyres, because the inside of the tyre was not made with that in mind. The inside of the tyre is not smmoth and can cause chafing of the tube.
Buffing of the inside of the tyre was required as a minimum.
Perhaps it is OK for a short term fix.
Can anyone confirm this?
damaged clio alloy - Civic8
I think you are looking at getting a new wheel.as far as I know it`s illegal to fit a tube to a low profile tyre.correct me if wrong.
the tyre beading will prevent a seal to rim if damage is deep over a short distance.ie it is rigid in a line the rubber may contact slightly but not enough to seal properly.I doubt you will find anything to cure that.
damaged clio alloy - Dynamic Dave
To add to my earlier message, if you've got an alloy spare wheel, fit that and then purchase a steel wheel to use as the spare in future.
damaged clio alloy - Civic8
As a matter of interest was the car supplied with a steel wheel
for the spare rather than the alloy?