A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - M.M
I promise I'm not going to ask about every main road to/in Scotland but...

Hols possibility no.2 is a couple of hours North of Glasgow. Is the A74/M74 still a nightmare and do you have to fight your way round that "outer ring road" effort to get past Glasgow?

Thanks,

M.M

A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - Borafeck
Depends on what time you travel through Glasgow. Where are you expecting to travel to ??
Possibly the Crinan area...from Kendal. Expect to be on the A74 and around Glasgow Sat late am.

M.M
A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - Borafeck
That's not a problem late on Saturday, Celtic are playing rangers on the Sunday afternoon. If you leave it after 6pm on Saturday, you will stroll through Glasgow.
A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - Bromptonaut
Combine with a trip to Arran. Ferries from Ardrossan to Brodick, then Lochranza to Claonaig. Avoid Glasgow altogether.
Any more info on this option Simon?

M.M
A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - BobbyG
MM, the M8 through Glasgow is no problem on a Saturday. Even in peak hour Mon to Fri, it takes less than 30 mins to travel from Baillieston to Kingston Bridge.
Unless of course there are accidents etc.
A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - Bromptonaut
Regular ferry service from Ardrossan (Ayreshire Coast) to Brodick on east side of Arran. Also Summer service from West side of Arran to Kintyre. Operated by Caledonian MacBrayne www.calmac.co.uk/ Cuts out the long drag round Glasgow and up Lomondside then back down Kintyre. Ferry not cheap, but worth a try one way as an extension to the holiday.
A74/M74 Glasgow & Beyond - John24
Provided you avoid normal business peak times i.e. 8/10 a.m. going in and 3/6 pm coming out, M74 is a doddle - straight into Glasgow City centre, watch for signs for A82 Loch Lomond and Bob's your uncle.
Have a nice trip!