Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Spotty
Last year when the outside temperature was above 25c. And the vehicle had been running for at least 1 hour the vehicle was apt to cut out completely....very dangerous with steering locking !
After 5-10 mins.the vehicle would start again and perhaps travel for another hour.
2 dealers say they cannot help as nothing appears wrong on the data check. Can you help please as i am travelling to portugal soon which may be v.hot???
Thanks for any ideas. Roger pedrick
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Chad.R
the vehicle was apt to cut out completely....very dangerous with steering locking !

Even if the engine cuts out the key should still be in the "ignition" position and therefore the steering lock shouldn't engage. Usually you have to switch off completely AND/OR remove the key to engage it.

Chad.
The engine slowly dies and of course the steering locks when the engine is dead....but why does it stall like this ?? It is as though the fuel has run out... Then leave it five minutes and
It will start again with no problems!
Regards roger.
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Dynamic Dave
Spotty,

Please refrain from typing soley in CAPITAL letters. In cyberland it is classed as SHOUTING at people, and therefore impolite.

I have amended your note this time, DD. BR Moderator.
M.Y.O.B. Please.
REGARDS ROGER.
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Dynamic Dave
Roger,

Check your mail, I think you'll find it is my business. Try looking up "moderator" in a dictionary.

--
Dynamic Dave
Back Room Moderator.
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - terryb
That's the trouble with dealerships these days - if the computer doesn't record anything wrong, there is nothing wrong.

I'll open the bidding with a guess at vapour locks in the fuel line, especially if it passes over the top of the engine at any point.

Terry

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand"
Good point..Thanks
yes, I believe that it could well be fuel related.
What can I do to rectify?
Any hints most welcome.
Thanks Roger.
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Civic8
Apart from your caps lock being left on ie it`s rude on the net

terry has a point.but you need to check after or during stalling whether there is a spark.as it is a poss that you may be getting coil failure.it could also be fuel pump/relay causing it.usually if coil failure the rev counter drops to zero suddenly just as you stall.fuel problems usually the rev counter drop slowly as the engine struggles to keep going hope that helps?

ps I read before post altered
Chrysler Voyager3.3 Petrol. S Reg.. - Aprilia
Chrysler had problems with coil failures on these. I actually had one fail on me when driving in Vermont (it was a rental) - guy at dealers said it was a well-known problem.