DAS bike test - how
Hi all

I need to take my bike test. Where is the best place to get training, I have limited funds, about £500. I have riden a bike before. It needs to be a direct access course.

How do I avoid cowboys
DAS bike test - matt35 {P}
how,
Have a look at your local IAM Motorcycle Group - you do not have to join - you can have a chat with them and get some good advice from bikers in your area.
If you post your location I will post your nearest group phone contact....or look on the IAM website under UK Groups.
Matt35.
DAS bike test - how
Hi matt35

I live in Esat london Thanks for your help
how,

Phone Rob Elisha on 07000-781103 - London Advanced Motorcycle Group.

Website; www.londonadvancedmotorcyclists.org/uk

I will phone him asking him to give you advice when you call him.

Good Luck,

Matt35.
how,

Just talked to Rob - what you are after is not what they can do for you but he can put you in contact with recommended sources in your area....he will be happy to have you call him.

Matt35.
DAS bike test - Dynamic Dave
Your nearest motorbike shop should be able to advise you on where they hold local courses.
DAS bike test - Hawesy1982
Matt - Bit off topic for this thread i know, but do all the IAM groups currently have a two month plus waiting list? The local one to me (Chilterns and N.London Cars) does! And surely this highlights a demand for more groups to be set up, if the funding and people-hours can be found. And in answer to you asking a couple of weeks ago, i'll be starting my training in about 4-5 weeks, i expect.
Hawesy,

Just finished packing - up at 4 am to head for 32C temperatures...so short reply.

Waiting varies - light evenings help as we can work - we are on 4 weeks at present in our Group.

Demand for more Groups/funding? - as far as I know, we have no funding - we are unpaid - people hours? - we are always looking for new Observers - 10 week course and Test with Class 1 driver in our Group - keeps you up to scratch as a driver.

Good Luck with training - any further comments I will chat in two weeks.

Matt35.