Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - vexed
Friend has had Leon for about 6 months, keeps cutting out, totally dies sometimes, been back to the supplier half a dozen times, they tinker and say its fixed, she gets it back and it does it again. Getting scarey because it cuts out whenever it feels like it (like on the motorway!!!). Is this a common problem, if so what should I tell her to say the problem is when she takes it back again? Its a company car on a lease, can she refuse it and ask for a replacement?
Cheers All
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - DL
Contact the Lease operator and DEMAND it is sorted. Give them a time frame, then take action.

I would suggest the car is not driven until this is sorted. Do you have a relief car available under your lease agreement?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - bertj
Has the supplier plugged the car into the VAG diagnostic computer? If not, insist on it being done. Faults should show up.
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - elekie&a/c doctor
Iwould suggest get fuel injection system relay checked .Common problem on Golfs with similar Tdi engine .causes cutting out & no start conditions.
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - DL
elekie - coudl you elaborate on this?

My A4 TDi [when starting, hot or cold] randomly starts and immediately stops - this can go on for up to 12-15 failed starts....then it's fine. Personally, I fear an immobiliser fault.

Never cuts out whilst running though.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - elekie&a/c doctor
Early A4s (N & P reg)did suffer with immobiliser faults,usually random start & possible flashing of key light on dash,but not cutting out when running.Seat leon has similar set up to Golf models,there is a fuel injection system relay (petrol or diesel m variants)situated behind lower dash area drivers side.erratic operation of this relay will cause cutting out & a non start condition.I don't think this is a relay prob on your A4,as you suggest it doesn't cut out when running.On both cars the diesel system is electronically controlled.
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - Altea Ego
Ok this is a leased car on company business.

She should refurse to drive it and report it to her HR department as a safety hazzard. She is risking her life and risking being stranded. you will be suprised how quickly the company will give the leasing co a rocket when it gets flagged with H&S...........

Once senior leasing comany management are on to it, they can be real rottweilers with dealers and the car manufacturer.
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - DL
Yes....my immobiliser light flashes at times......oh dear...I wonder what the cure is...?
--
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - RichardW
DL, dunno what the cure is, but my mate's got an A4 110 TDI on a 52 plate, and that does it too!

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - Jase
Hello,

I can't help you technically. But I can suggest that you try posting your query on www.seatcupra.net/forums. This is a one make forum and there are plenty of experts.

Good lucj
Seat Leon 1.9 tdi - vexed
Cheers all, as usual a great help, H&R onto the problem.