Diesel & Automatic ? - paul_pompey
Hi
I am after either a peugeot 406 or a mondeo but it has to be Diesel and Automatic about 3 or 4 years old V,W or X reg

I cannot seem to find any anywhere ! do they make em ?

I have never noticed before just assumed they did make em , until now that I want to find one.

Im going to Blackbuse tomorrow and they have none

Any ideas or info about diesel automatics and any reason for them being extremely scarce or even non existant

Thanks
Diesel & Automatic ? - Altea Ego
As far as I am aware, there is no such beast as an auto diesel 406 or mondeo of that age,

Why? traditionaly manufacturers only put auto boxes with BIG diesel engines. If you want auto diesel of that age it will have to be big and german.

Things are changing, with the new high output lively smaller diesels, but not 3 or 4 years ago.
Diesel & Automatic ? - Vansboy
X plate 406 diesel auto 42K ish miles, shade under £5,000, ex Pug Contract Hire, sold in Blackbushe 2 PCH sales ago.Not sure of spec level, only noticed it 'cos so rare.

Check on Auction View, link to our left menu.It's not working today, though.The site is down,currently, not an HJ link problem.

VB
Diesel & Automatic ? - v0n
In 2002 Peugeot introduced 406 GLX HDI Auto which was about the first 406 with automatic transmission. Same year Ford made first auto TDCI's. Older than that... many Xantias were sold as auto?
Diesel & Automatic ? - kithmo
I think Vauxhall do a diesel auto Mk4 Astra.
Diesel & Automatic LOVELY - scruffythedog118
I have a VW PASSAT 1.9 PD TDI Tiptronic (AUTO) W reg.

Superb motor, probably in your price range and size of car!
Diesel & Automatic LOVELY - Big John
You can also get a Skoda Octavia Diesel Auto.
Diesel & Automatic ? - machika
The equivalent Citroen C5 diesel autos are quite common (and cheap - even brand new, with discounts). The 2.2 litre engine is a better bet than the 2.0 litre one. We have a C5 with the 2.2 litre engine and it is smooth and quiet. My only complaint is that the gearbox is only 4 speed.

Don't expect the kind of mpg quoted by Citroen though, as this is a heavy car, but we are getting a combined return of around 35mpg, which includes a fair bit of urban driving.