isuzu trooper switches - keo-the-dog
hi just got an old 91/2 trooper it has a push switch on the front of the centre console which doesnt seem to do anything anybody know what its for . its a 2.8td manual, basic spec as far as i know
many thanks..keo
isuzu trooper switches - samsdodgybloke
Let's see if i can help you in return now!! By the way I love Isuzu Trooper Diesels, yet to own one though. Let a bargain slip through my hands last week-- F plate, Trooper, LWB, Full Electrics, Air Con, the dogs kahuna's, No MOT/Tax, mint body/interior, 5 New 'Mud Grabber' Tyres, 2.8 Turbo Derv, Manual, Bull Bars, Big Spots, Side Steps (alloy). How much? £500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway back to your problem. The Trooper mentioned above had a blank button on centre console and that was the cruise control thingy--designed for agricultural use like a tractor uses when ploughing, etc.--accelerate to any MPH, press button and vehicle should continue @ same speed without use of throttle pedal. Not that? Let me know and I will get on it.
thanks for reply i dont think its that, though i willtry it,its a rectangular switch faces front on front of console near gearlever and floor. ps paid a grand for mine got bullbar sidesteps rear step/towbar, rough old dog but it pullsover 80 on motorway and gives about 32/34 mpg cant complain and its actually fun to drive.
cheers ...keo
isuzu trooper switches - rg
Keo,

Maybe fuel pre-heater (for sub-arctic conditions). the MKII Trroper/Vx Monterey has one.

You may wish to post at:

E-ZooZoo@yahoogroups.com

or

isuzu_trooper@yahoogroups.com

Watch out for rust on these old trucks.

There is a Haynes (!) manual for your Trooper, I think.

HTH

rg
isuzu trooper switches - Dynamic Dave
Can you get to the back of the switch and see if it has any wires connected to it? One or more may have dropped off rendering the switch dead.
its not the fuel heater as thats on the dash and that works but thanks for the link will try it and see
and in reply to DD i think that is coming soon pull the switch and get the multi-meter out just hoped someone might have known what the switch was for might save some time when i pull it apart. or might even make it one of those things i really dont need so i wont pull it apart , it appears to be original fitting but isn't mentioned in handbook .
cheers....keo
isuzu trooper switches - DL
Weird.....but I would be interested in the result!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
isuzu trooper switches - DL
It's not some sort of suspension control is it? I seem to remember some having switchable shock absorbers at that age?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
that's an interesting one it might be i will try and see if it makes any difference will post back on it like you say it just seems weird and the switch looks to be in an odd place but is original or if not very well fitted ie looks right
isuzu trooper switches - Matt At
mines got one there . Its for the heated seat. Only fitted to the drivers side on mine.
mines got one there . Its for the heated seat. Only
fitted to the drivers side on mine.

>
> might be that then obviously my heated seat doesnt work then will look at it in the week thanks for help everyone
cheers........keo