Motorpoint car supermarket - far0n
I've managed to talk my girlfriend out of her lease agreement with Reg Vardy. She was going to sign up for another 5 years but I've persuaded her to buy rather then lease what she wanted (Renault Megane 1.4 5dr Dynamique) from Motorpoint for £2700 cheaper. Anyone got any good advice before I go ahead with all of this ? If I get this wrong i'm in for a life of eternal torment :-/
Motorpoint car supermarket - teabelly
Check the origin of the vehicle from motorpoint and make sure it is from within the EU as they source cars from Cyprus so you would only get a one year warranty. Have a look at HJ's best buys too as there are probably plenty of meganes floating around. Renault dealers might do a good deal if she didn't mind a 53 plate rather than an 04 and that would get you a full UK supplied car.

teabelly
Motorpoint car supermarket - Martin Devon
Renault did me a blinding deal on a van. Obviously don't know if the same applies to cars, but I suspect it does, but you have to push push push. Never smile and NEVER let on you desire it or you are shafted. (Can I say that??) this was 2 years ago and i have just had another quote for a new van, today in fact and the deals are superb......Importing just may have had its day.

Happy hunting and regards.
Motorpoint car supermarket - Ben {P}
My advice: don't buy a Renault.
Motorpoint car supermarket - carl_a
Help fund the car repair industry, buy a Renault.
My advice: don't buy a Renault.

I hear you, but to date, (the kiss of death I know), I have had no real probs apart from Keys going kaput! Renault Master is superb in all other respects.

Regards.
Motorpoint car supermarket - far0n
I know, I know. I've tried my best to get her to buy a Corolla or Yaris but in typical female fashion she's got her heart set on the Megane. On the up side though she'll only be keeping it for 3 years and her current Clio has been faultless in that space of time. She only does about 7000 miles a year so it should last that long.
Motorpoint car supermarket - arnold2
my daughter (6) loves 'em .... :-)) (Meganes, that is !)
Motorpoint car supermarket - BobbyG
Saw a new Megane in my car park today - was horrified to see that due to the shape of the rear window, the wiper was tiny and the "swept" area of the glass could have been no more than 33% of the total window.

Seems crazy in a modern car.
Motorpoint car supermarket - PR {P}
I agree with Teabelly, check locally and for UK sourced cars first. If Motorpoint is still the cheapest, you need to find out (if possible) when the car was built, ie has it been standing in a field somewhere for x months.
I know, I know. I've tried my best to get
her to buy a Corolla or Yaris but in typical female
fashion she's got her heart set on the Megane. On
the up side though she'll only be keeping it for 3
years and her current Clio has been faultless in that space
of time. She only does about 7000 miles a year
so it should last that long.

Despite me banging on about the Master van I have NEVER heard a good word about a Megane. Avoid I fear. Go yaris etc.

Regards, (but only if you heed!)
Motorpoint car supermarket - Hull4000
Don't get the Renault!!!

However, if you have to then Ukcarbroker are selling it
for £9,880.