Slow A4 wipers - Dave Croker
I have a 99 V reg A4 Audi, and over the past few months the wipers have started to get slower and slower. This happens at both normal, fast and intermitent settings. I wondered if there was a bad earth on the wiper motor, but the motor is tucked away behind the ECU box and the servo, so I gave up trying to get my hands on it.
Any ideas?
Dave
Slow A4 wipers - mikeyb
Had the same problem on my A6 - turned out to be the motor reaching the end of its life - it just got slower and slower until it died
Slow A4 wipers - DL
Yep.....motor failure sounds about right....my mates Bora is doing the same...awaiting a new motor next week.

Seems a common problem with VAG motors. Fingers crossed on my A4 then!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Slow A4 wipers - elekie&a/c doctor
I would get the wiper linkage checked first.I have seen a few of these where the wiper arm pivots seize and put excess strain on motor.
Slow A4 wipers - DL
Yep...saw that very fault at the latter end of last years hot, dry summer on a Skoda Octavia.....there was no way I could free the linkage off!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Slow A4 wipers - Dave Croker
Thanks for your comments, it was not the motor, but a a very stiff bearing on the drivers side wiper arm spindle. I have manged to free it up, but will it last.
The hard bit was getting the arm unit out from under the bulkhead!
Regards
dave
Slow A4 wipers - Pat Cox
Wish I had seen this discussion earlier , also had this problem but in trying to unsieze the spindle I broke the alloy arm now it may cost £90 to sort with new linkage so be careful out there .Might try s/h.