\"Airbag & tensioning\" light. Vectra V6 - carled
Me again...

On top of my coolant system problems, just the other day my \"Airbag & seatbelt tensioning\" red warning light came on and won\'t go off now. After ignition, it goes out for half a second or so then comes back on... Is this a nasty, expensive, get-rid-of-the-car thing or a blown fuse £1 fix? I know which one my money is on...

Oh, V6 vectra 2.5 CDX for those that haven\'t seen the other thread!
"Airbag & tensioning" light. Vectra V6 - Dynamic Dave
Check the connecting plug/socket connections under front seats. Pull them apart and reconnect back together a couple of times - obviously with the ignition key removed.
"Airbag & tensioning" light. Vectra V6 - carled
Wherabouts are these plug/sockets, btw...? I couldn't see them last night (although I was using an anaemic torch!)>> Check the connecting plug/socket connections under front seats. Pull them apart
"Airbag & tensioning" light. Vectra V6 - Cyd
Did this happen shortly after you had carried rear seat passengers or some items rolling about on the floor. the most common cause is momentry disconnection of a lead due to some disturbance. Unfortunately you may no longer have the problem, but the ECU may need reseting as it may still be carrying the fault code. It's a five minute job, but the dealer will want you to pay an hours labour!! try find an independant who can do it for you.

For free you could try: car unlocked, ignition off, key out. Disconnect battery, go have cup of tea & watch some telly. Reconnect battery, turn ignition on. Reset stereo codes, windows etc.
cheers - I'll give it a go later!
"Airbag & tensioning" light. Vectra V6 - Dynamic Dave
If you have a factory fit alarm, don't just disconnect the battery as the alarm has back-up battery supply and will go off. Can't remember the exact proceedure, but it's something along the lines of - turn ignition on/off and disconnect car battery within 15 seconds. The owners manual will tell you though.
For those who are interested... I finally got this sorted (yeah, I know... quick worker!)

I had to go to the local Masterfit and was told it'd be 1/2 hour job & £20.95+vat to check ecu (or similar?) readout.

Slow Saturday so I was the only one in there and young lad on his own. He plugged in the techie bit, read out that the Passenger under-seat electrics had been upset at some point, pressed the reset button and the light went out... Took 35 seconds, I reckon.

Fortunately he had the decency to let me off paying for it!