Battery Problem - Honda Civic - Dumb
The battery of a 1999 Honda Civic was flat but re-charged before I bought the car about 2 weeks ago. It worked fine last week and is still working, but there is some kind of "sizzling" sound comes from the area around the cigarette lighter before the engine is started. Is that an indication of flat battery or something else? Could it be that some tiring have gone wrong? I am new to car, any advice is most welcomed.
Battery Problem - Honda Civic - wemyss
Chee, The "sizzling" sound you describe is usually an indication of a poor electrical connection and the current is having to bridge a tiny gap. Usually referred to as "arcing". If this is the case you really need to get someone to look at it immediately before it blows a fuse or worse.
Battery Problem - Honda Civic - Dizzy {P}
Does the sizzling start when you turn on the ignition but stop after three or four seconds? And could it be coming from the engine side of the bulkhead?

If so, I think it might be simply the engine fuelling and management systems coming into play, in which case the noise is perfectly normal.
Battery Problem - Honda Civic - Dumb
Thanks Dizzy. The sound comes out everytime I start the engine but leaving the ignition on has no sound whatsoever and looks perfect. I rang up the dealer just now and will bring the car to them tomorrow. Could it be that the battery has been overcharged or undercharged?

I am worried as I spent £4000 on it and won't expect much trouble. The car was serviced by Honda dealer all the while until last service due that was done by the (non-Honda) dealer just before I bought it. Is there any good and cheap independent car checker you can recommend?

Battery Problem - Honda Civic - Dynamic Dave
You haven't left the air re-circular on, and the buzzing sound you can hear is the flap moving to redirect the air flow from outside the car to inside perhaps?