(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - mo-jo
I recently purchased an engine from (Deleted) Spares and had it delivered to my garage for fitting.I have a Mondeo in good condition,one owner,and want to keep it.
The mechanic phoned me and said to come and see the engine,as it was not in good condtion and he would not fit it to the car.I went and looked at the engine,and it was damaged with about 15-20 hammer marks on the pulley and other places.I agreed it was not to be fitted.
I phoned (Deleted) Spares,and they said they would send a replacement.This was two weeks ago! I have phoned them,and I was so fed up,that I cancelled the order for the replacement engine,and asked for a refund.
They have not given a refund,and I have phoned them at least a dozen times,but without success.They said they would collect the engine and then give a refund,and said they would collect it on Friday last.They have not and are giving me the run around.
How can I get a refund,---and has anyone had any dealing with this company?
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - NARU
If you paid for it by credit card, ask them for your money back. Let them persue the supplier!
Thanks Marlot, I did purchase the engine with a credit card.The cc company however,say there is not a guarantee with their care,that is,they do not protect a purchase with the card.
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - Mark (RLBS)
The credit card company don't get a choice in the matter.

I'd call CAB or a friendly solicitor.
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - Dwight Van Driver
Mark is spot on.

My notes state that if goods bought on credit card are not satisfactory and retailer is unwilling to refund the price, you are entitled to be refunded the money by your credit card company, providing that the goods cost more than 100 pounds.
(Consumer Credit Act 1974)

DVD
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - johnwharrison
DVD Are you a lawyer in disguise or something? I have only been a member here for 3 days, and (no sarcasm intended) you seem to know everything!
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - wemyss
Rather unkind words John and when you have been a regular on this site for a longer period will realise why.
DVD is indeed a most valuable contibutor and his background experience has been of great value to many.
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - Hugo {P}
Rather unkind words John and when you have been a regular
on this site for a longer period will realise why.
DVD is indeed a most valuable contibutor and his background experience
has been of great value to many.

Alvin and Matt

I don't think that John Meant any offence, His "no Sarcasm intended" comment confirms this. I think he was praising DVD on his wealth of knowledge concerning the Law

Hugo

(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - wemyss
Yes you are probably right Hugo and my apologies to John if I misinterpreted your comments.
alvin
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - johnwharrison
You have indeed misinterpreted my comment, but no harm done.

It was just that DVD seems to know the right answer to every question, right down to quoting all relevant legal sections!

Now I understand why!
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - matt35 {P}
Hugo,

I did not imply any feeling of offence in my reply to John - just giving him some background to the background of the contributors.

Matt35
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - matt35 {P}
John,

If you read his postings, you will note that he is an ex Police driver, and makes some very considered comments to this board, from his experience.

He also has one of the funniest tag names on the site.

Matt35.
Thanks DVD,and everyone for the information.I will be speaking with the credit card company tomorrow,and your advice will be helpful.
mo-jo.
(Deleted) Spares-I want my money back! - Sooty Tailpipes
Thanks Marlot, I did purchase the engine with a credit card.The cc company however,say there is not a guarantee with their care,that is,they do not protect a purchase with the card.

The person you spoke to at the CC call centre is probably wrong... I recently needed a refund, and it took a right battle on the phone for the woman (probably in India) to do as I said and send me a VISA chargeback form.