Rough Running Rover Diesel(600 DTI) - johnat23
The Yellow (Engine) Warning Light on my Rover 600 Diesel flicks on and off accompanied by loss of powere and almost cutting out then recovers. According to handbook this warning light indicates a problem with engine emissins. Incidentally this only started to happen after a drive through wash but that ma b coincidence ? becuse its getting worse after a week. Any suggestions?
Rough Running Rover Diesel(600 DTI) - Sooty Tailpipes
There should be a "not present" fault code stored if you don't leave it too long.
Ref. Sooty Tailpipes response to my question about rough running Rover 600 diesel.... sorry to sound totally non technical but were is a fault code shown # Do you need special diognostis to access codes, if so presumably that means a visit to a main dealer?
Rough Running Rover Diesel(600 DTI) - DL
I'd check the connection to the boost pressure sensor first - these often corrode and cause the very same symptom you have.

The sensor is on the engine bulkhead and has a tube running to it from the turbo. Look at the connectors carefully - bet they'll be green...as the connector is situated upside-down and collects water.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Many thanks to DL ref. Rough Idling Rover and boost pressure sensor.. Cleaned and dried sensor out and certainly seems to have fixed problem.
Good stuff! Glad I was able to help.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Rough Running Rover Diesel(600 DTI) - Miquel
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'd just like to say thanks too, DL. My 600 has been bugging me for a while with intermittent power problems. Nothing as drastic as Johnat23's, but some days it would pull great, others felt a real drag. Thought it might all have been down to a front brake binding, which in part it was, but once that was sorted, I still didn't seem to be getting the full affect of the turbo most of time.

Saw this tread, gave it a try and it's running great again. I'd forgot how swift this motor can feel after putting up with the last few months. I was a bit worried though when I first cleaned up and reconnected the sensor , for some reason I lost all turbo and had the dreaded engine warning light come on. Took a few more attempts before it came good. Dunno why.
Good stuff! Mine's a Stella!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Rough Running Rover Diesel(600 DTI) - Big Cat
Good tough reliable engines, these L-series diesels. Bit noisy compared to the latest common rail diesels but very fast and economical.