help please mot failure!!!!!!!!!!!! - xsaradriver
Just had car mot'd today and failed on three points. One tyre worn exhaust blowing cos of loose clamp. Got all four tyres replaced for £80 and the clamp tightened free. Last point, car in crash and repaired at main dealer. Sill replaced but failed mot cos spot welded not welded full length. Is this a fail?? thought main dealer would ensure proper repair or is the tester being pedantic. was mot'd at a £25 while u wait place. Should i go elsewhere and see what happens? Going back to dealer 2mrw may ask em for free mot, prob pass it just to get me out and not do the work
help please mot failure!!!!!!!!!!!! - Blue {P}
I'd be saying that they haven't repaired your car to a roadworthy standard and asking them to do the job again, properly, otherwise you will take them to the small claims court and win. :-)

Blue
help please mot failure!!!!!!!!!!!! - Spanner Jack
A structural repair by welding MUST be fully welded all the way around...

except when it is a component that is 'replaced' rather than 'repaired'.

ie a hole in the sill can be patch repaired & must be welded all the way around,
but if the old sill is taken off and a new one put in its place then it should be welded as per the original manufacturers design. This does mean spot welds are acceptable in this instance.

If you disagree with an MOT testers decision, talk to the guy nicely and ask him why it has failed. Ask him to show you the 'REASON FOR REJECTION' in the testers manual.
If you are not satisfied, ask for an 'APPEAL FORM'.
help please mot failure!!!!!!!!!!!! - Civic8
Fraid it is.Reason being the sill holds jacking points and as it is a part of the main floor pan a structural repair as that will be should be as I recall seam welded spot welding will be a failure take it back get em to sort it.
help please mot failure!!!!!!!!!!!! - DL
Think you might find yourself piggy-in-the-middle here.....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link