Limo Hire - say what? - Ian (Cape Town)
Reading a story in the local press about a young lad in London, whose father 'didn't spend enough on him', and so nicked the old man's credit card, and went on a 12K bender, including Limousine hire.
Begs the questions:
How hard is it to hire a Limo (obviously NOT that difficult!) - do they perform any background checks as to who/what/purpose of trip?

Do Limo hire people have any ethics - if a 17 yr old presented a gold card in the name of 'John Smith' [True!], I'd start asking some serious questions ...
Limo Hire - say what? - GrumpyOldGit
Ian, I doubt that there would be any checks made. It's like hiring a taxi.
Limo Hire - say what? - helicopter
No - It appears to me they don't Ian - and the Limo Hire cost over £1,900 for two days.

What on earth did he get for his ( or his dads ) money? I ask you. Mind you his Dad is not short of a bob or two but if ever there was a case for a boot up the backside that kid deserves it IMO.

Limo Hire - say what? - Altea Ego
"How hard is it to hire a Limo (obviously NOT that difficult!) - do they perform any background checks as to who/what/purpose of trip?"

Yes they do perform checks. They check that the credit card company have authorsied the purchase and they will get paid!

Limo Hire - say what? - smokie
Often seen teenagers yelling out of those stretch limos, sometimes exposing their body parts and being thoroughly larey. I know it's become quite fashionable to hire one to take you and your mates on a pub crawl for the evening...