Peugeot 307 steering pump noise. - walkerman
I took delivery of a new Peugeot 307 S in December 2003. As soon as I started it I was aware of a high pitched whine. This whine varies when the steering wheel is moved. The dealer seems to think there is nothing wrong with this, even though it sounds like a microwave oven. My passengers notice it as soon as they get in the car. I sought a second opinion recently at another dealer and they said that they would fit a new pump which they are supposed to have done a couple of days ago. It still sounds the same. Has any one else noticed this whine on the Peugeot 307, and can anything be done about it?
Peugeot 307 steering pump noise. - DL
Compare your car's noise with another identical car, see what you think.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Peugeot 307 steering pump noise. - walkerman
I did. I got the first dealer to compare with a similar used 307 that he had on site. He listened and behaved as though they were the same, but I could barely hear anything on the used car. (The first time my son got in the rear seat of the new car the first thing he said was \"What\'s that noise? So I am not imagining it).
The dealer\'s man then went back to my car and had another listen. He then said he would book it in for a pump replacement (He said the pump would have to be taken off one of their other cars), but on the day they phoned us to say the courtesy car we had booked hadn\'t been returned yet. Then later the manager phoned to persuade us to leave it until the 1000 miles service as he seemed to think the noise might go away. This particular dealership in deleted is the worst I have come across in 40 years, and the obvious lack of \'Pre-delivery inspection\' has put me off ever getting another Peugeot.

{Dealers location deleted as naming/shaming is not permitted. Just because you haven\'t actually mentioned the dealers name, by mentioning the location could be enough to identify them. DD}
Peugeot 307 steering pump noise. - DL
"He said the pump would have to be taken off one of their other cars"

Well.....that ain't normal practice, for a start!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link