Subaru Legacy Road Test - hillman
Just like buses, you wait for ages then two come together. This weeks Autocar 3 Feb, and Auto Express 4-10 Feb, both have Subaru road tests. At least, the Autocar does, but the Auto Express has a comparison between the Outback and the Nissan XTrail.
Generally, I regard Autocar in the same way as one of the other backroomers, 'written by overexcited schoolboys'. - I wish that I had thought of that myself. - I wish, too, that the magazine' Car Design & Technology' would recommence. It was superb, written by motor engineers for people really interested in cars.
Subaru Legacy Road Test - jd
Funny seeing that article in Auto Express.

I've just traded my X-Trail for an Outback 2.5.

There is no comparison in my opinion between these two if you like driving - the Subaru is far and away the better car. The steering feel, ride, handling etc. is on another planet.

Stepping from the X-Trail to the Outback is like getting out out of a bus into a sportscar but in the Auto Express review there is no mention of the massively different dynamics of these cars.

I like the headline for the Autocar review though - "the best estate car you've never heard of". Sounds like a lot my friends who have no idea what a Subaru is.

jd.
Subaru Legacy Road Test - Stargazer {P}
When is the new model available, full description is available on the subaru www pages.

Come on HJ, how about a road test, perhaps back to back with the new V50

Ian L.
Subaru Legacy Road Test - jd
It's available now.

I've got one. It's great. I've had it 2 weeks.

jd
Subaru Legacy Road Test - Stargazer {P}
I had been going by the Car-by-Car breakdown...it says Nov 2004. Must be a typo.

Must admit I dont read the car mags very often unless I am looking for something specific.

Ian L.
Subaru Legacy Road Test - hillman
I've got to agree with jd. It was not a like for like comparison. It should really have been between the XTrail and the Forester.