Peugeot 206 1.4LX chugging S-reg - Ritz-dog
Got a problem with the missus's 206. She was driving it last week and it started to chug, the engine management light came on. She pulled over and it was idling very fast. Checked engine to find it had NO oil. Sorted that slight problem out but now problem has ocurred again (exactly 1 week after the last time). Has anyone else heard of this problem (other than the engine has been knackerd by the oil situation). I'd personally like to torch it but she likes the car.

Any ideas or things to check?
Peugeot 206 1.4LX chugging S-reg - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If it is that neglected that is has run low on oil, check the coolant level. If that is low too then the coolant temp sensor may be out of the water and showing the ECU a cold engine. Being a French motor I share the torching idea!!! ;-))
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Peugeot 206 1.4LX chugging S-reg - DL
Coil pack & spark plugs I'd imagine.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Peugeot 206 1.4LX chugging S-reg - M.M
With these 20K service intervals there is huge scope for problems setting in and causing real damage before they get near a garage.

I'm finding 206s the no.1 car for no oil. Folks who don't check levels between services sometimes got away with it at 6K intervals, at 20K they've no chance.

No Andrew It's not the cars...it's the makers advice combined with owner neglect!

M.M
Peugeot 206 1.4LX chugging S-reg - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Sorry MM I am still recovering emotionally and financially from my Espace Saga!!
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Espace issues. - M.M
Ah yes...I'd forgotten the Espace thing. You know I try hard not to knock a specific vehicle here but the Espaces' I look after, and others owned by contacts, are very troublesome.

They seem to have a knack of producing expensive failures at the least suitable time (Christms etc). Some recent gems include clutches flying apart, transmission failure, heater matrix, air con, immobiliser, front wishbone bushes, shock absorbers....

Still got yours?

M.M