Mitsubishi carisma - daveyK_UK
their was a mitsubishi carisma 1.6 se (had all electrics) on an S plate with 113k millage with MOT till july at auction today which went for 800 quid.

i was tempted but was put of by the high mileage. The interior was very good, and the exterior show was ting dent on passenger door but nothing serious, 4 tyres where ok, engine sounded fine, no blue smoke etc.

just one question, i have had mitsubishi\'s before and have had engine smoke problems at 90k - is this engine at 113k at the end of its life or would it be capable of another 50k?

i understand that every car differs due to how its been driven and maintained, but in general - what mileage is left for such a car?

also a mint volvo v40 saloon 2.0 x-plate with 90k on the clock went for £3,200 - shame its out of my current price range.
Mitsubishi charisma - John Shelton
Ive just ordered a new Charisma 1.9 DiD intercooled turbo diesel, call me in 10 years when ive done that mileage and ill let you know how they last. Joking aside, its a very underated car, more a case of a stupid name souring basically a sound car.
Mitsubishi charisma - DavidHM
Could have been 30k past its prime, or there could be another 100k left in it. Without seeing how it looks and runs it's impossible to say and even if you do, there's no guarantee.

But then you could have got a half competent, five year old car with decent specification on it for the price of a 32" TV, more or less, so at that money it's worth a punt.
Mitsubishi charisma - THe Growler
The actual spelling is \"Carisma\" (no \"h\") so we may be seeing a right-hearted rook at car naming that is creveler that we learised.

{Thread header duly amended for others using the Forum Search facility. DD.}
Mitsubishi charisma - J Bonington Jagworth
>The actual spelling is "Carisma"..

Just as well, really, as 'Mitsubishi charisma' would be one for your book of oxymorons, I imagine!

BTW, I see that Groucho Marx's inclusion of 'military intelligence' in that category seems to be proving its worth lately...
Mitsubishi charisma - Peter
I bought a low mileage 1.6GL P reg three years ago. It has now done 120K. I am pleased with it. I travel 100 miles/day on the M4. The engine performs faultlessly with no oil consumption and 45mpg. It is painted red which has not worn well despite Autoglym polish. Currently the boot lock is U/S and the dash clock has lost its illumination. It starts, it runs and hopefully it will last for the foreseeable future. Well recommended.