Dealer Used Car Problem - Help Required! - Paulo
My partner bought a used Renault Megane from an authorised Renault dealer a few months ago. The car was less than a year old when she bought it. Sinc ehaving it shes had all sort of problems with it and it's been in and out of the dealership a number of times. Problems have included the following, but have mostly been related to the electrics:

1. The car would simply not start
2. The car doors would not open
3. The boot will not open (current problem)
4. Warning lights showing problems with air bags
5. Warning lights showing electrical fault
6. Car would not start with clutch depressed method, because of a broken wire.

Since having the car they've replaced the onboard computer, replaced a broken wire, replaced the keys. But we still have ongoing problems - that it's come to the point that we no longer want this car.

We've gone back to the dealer in question, who has a) asked us to get a settlement figure for the finance, and b) has said he's looking into it, and will get back soon with an alternative car (but he never does).

Essentially what we now want is our money back or a different car offered (possibly a cheaper clio) and the rest of the money refunded to us. Why he wants us to get settlement figure we do not know.

I'm now sure where we stand and what recourse we have.

I'd be grateful for any advice please, as we are at the end of our teather!
Dealer Used Car Problem - Help Required! - Malvin
Two years ago,I once had a Renault Clio purchased brand new from main dealer.Within a week the car developed major clutch problems followed by other problems to which they never solved.The car had been at the dealers garage more times then at mine.

Then one day,having paid up front for a key lock barrel,the dealer somehow ordered the wrong parts and wouldn't put things right at their expenses.Instead they required a further payment to correct their mistake.I wrote many letters to the dealer etc and the HQ in France,the HQ said yes the dealer should refund me however they cannot tell dealers what to do.So my late choice was to contact the dealers local area trading standard.It only took ONE letter from the trading standard to the dealer and I received my full refund.