Mea Culpa - No Do$h
It's all my fault. I couldn't help it.

This afternoon Mrs ND and I washed our cars, gave them both the full Autoglym (resin polish and super dooper extra shiny stuff), even doing all the little bits of black plastic trim and making them all black and shiny again.

As I put the cloths and chamois away it started to rain and hasn't stopped since.

My fault, sorry.

:o(
Mea Culpa - billy25
thanks ND!
that means i can sit here and play without feeling guilty about not doing mine, like i had planned. :-)

billy.
Mea Culpa - volvoman
A rather tenuous motoring link ND ;)
Mea Culpa - No Do$h
There are nearly 300 posts on the subject of Autoglym. One more can't hurt.....
Mea Culpa - PhilW
Thinking it was going to rain I whizzed over ours with Turtle Wax Extreme Rapid Dry Wash and Wax(nifty, brief name that!). As I started it began to rain, then stopped and hasn't rained since!So there's your solution!
Mea Culpa - volvoman
Yeah but how many posts are there on the subject of rain? :)
Mea Culpa - Jonathan {p}
Yeah but how many posts are there on the subject of
rain? :)

Not sure, but there's hundreds on the Glastonbury forum!!!

I was cleaning and t-cutting our polo in preparation for sale and just as I finished it began to rain, so it's not just you No Dosh.

Jonathan
Mea Culpa - BobbyG
ND, but isn't there some satisfaction, albeit sad, looking at your car as all the rain forms nice beads of water and runs of your car!!

Think I need to get out more....
Mea Culpa - volvoman
You said it BG ;)
The rain thread? - Clanger
I have been known to put on waterproofs and wash the cars during rain. It means the dirt is soft and I don't have to rinse.
Well, it is Yorkshire and we are on a water meter ...

Time for my Horlicks, nurse.

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
The rain thread? - Onetap
This is logical, Captain.

The rain is virtually de-ionized water and should contain no dissolved solids, unlike most tap water. The dirt will be washed off and when the car dries there will be no smears caused by limescale residues.

If I ever bothered to wash my car, I would probably wash it in the rain.

The rain thread? - Rob the Bus {P}
Sorry folks, but I'm having distinct difficulty in understanding the use of the word 'washing' alongside the word 'car'. Would somebody care to explain this quaint sounding tradition?

Cheers

Rob
The rain thread? - patently
If I ever bothered to wash my car, I would probably wash it
in the rain.

Yes, but you still feel an utter berk.

As I did yesterday having vowed to hose the cars down to take off the grit & salt that they acquired during the week. I managed to get halfway round SWMBO's before the rain started.

Now, the rain only cleans the TOP HALF and the salt is all on the BOTTOM HALF, so I needed to carry on. Oh yes I did. No, there's no-one behind me...

Please no-one tell me what the neighbours thought, seeing me hosing down the cars in the rain.
The rain thread? - borasport20
I spent yesterday afternoon at the PC and could see a bloke in the distance washing a silver 5 series in the pouring rain - you don't have a WN postcode do you ?

just 'cos I know what I'm saying doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about

Amazing - borasport20
Backroomers not only know everything about cars, but none of them had to query your latin !

SNIP. Even though you spelt it incorrectly, I\'m not letting it stand. DD

just \'cos I know what I\'m saying doesn\'t mean I know what I\'m talking about