Honda Accord diesel - Robbie
Went for a test drive this morning and I was impressed.

There have been various reviews of this engine, one said it sounded like a taxi and others have remarked on how quiet it was. The car performed like one with a petrol engine, but without the revs. It was up to seventy in no time, and I couldn't believe it really was an oil burner. Despite my concern about the low profile tyres on 17" wheels, the ride was very smooth and the car handled impeccably. The gear change was slick and neat.

There was almost an absence of sound inside the car, and it should make for a relaxing drive. I stalled the engine, when I was parking the car on my return to the showroom, and hadn't realised I'd done so as it was so quiet. I could make out the diesel noise when I bent down near the front wheel, but I'd defy most people to realise it was not a petrol engine.

I'm not sure when mine will be available despite ordering it in November.
Honda Accord diesel - Big Cat
The reports I've seen rave about this engine, particularly Auto Express who thought their decibel meter had packed up when they tried to measure the Accord's engine noise. I think they went on to say it was the quietest diesel they had ever measured - holding the meter to the front of the car.
It's taken a long time for Honda to jump on the diesel bandwagon but from what I've read, it's been worth the wait. And just think how reliable it will be, coming from the land of the rising sun...
Honda Accord diesel - daveyjp
Just seen my first one in Bradford. It was stopped with the engine running and whilst not silent it didn't have too much of a diesel clatter.