Kumho/Pirelli Tyres on Focus - timp
Replaced both front tyres (originally Kumho Ecsta Supra) with Pirelli P6000s after a puncture. The difference in performance between the tyres is quite incredible:

- The grip is many times better, particularly when accelerating quickly from stop. The traction control system also seems to work much better with these tyres, though is much less likely to activate unless I try really hard.
- The noise is much reduced - no audible noise from the front tyres at all now (there's no wind noise and little engine noise either).
- The ride is much smoother - especially on rough or harsh road surfaces.
- No understeer when going around roundabouts on a wet road surface.
- Not much difference in handling, but the Kumhos were slightly better if anything.

I imagined that there would be some difference between £40 tyres and £80 tyres, but I didn't expect it to be so significant.

Only one problem though - I feel vibration through the steering wheel at 70 mph! I suspect I might be taking them back to KwikFit for re-balancing, if that's the problem? I have noticed from other posts that Pirelli P6000s are difficult to balance, but I was under the impression that this had improved.
Kumho/Pirelli Tyres on Focus - Dynamic Dave
Most new tyres after having been recently fitted should be rebalanced after the first couple of 100 miles. The solution they use to get the tyre to slip onto the rim can also allow the tyre to rotate on the rim after it has been fitted. Generally this happens if people don\'t drive gently for the first 50 or so miles and also practice Grand Prix starts - I\'m not for one moment implying you have done that though.
Kumho/Pirelli Tyres on Focus - timp
Well it's getting on for about 150 miles since they were fitted, so it could be worth a try. I've been very gentle on them as the 'glue' they used seemed to be pretty runny after they were fitted, not to mention that I've been driving very cautiously on the snow and ice. I wiped off the excess 'glue' from the tyres when I got back from the tyre fitter - it seemed like PVA, so it had vaguely occurred to me that the tyres might have rotated a bit.

However, the fact that they start to vibrate at just over 70 mph is a good reminder to keep to the speed limit! Trouble is, they're now so quiet, it seems like I'm going slower than I actually am.

The tyre fitter fitted the weights on the inside of the alloy wheels instead of the outside. Does this make any difference?
Kumho/Pirelli Tyres on Focus - Blue {P}
I'm not sure if it would make a difference to the balancing, but I can tell you that it will cause less damage to the alloy than external balancing, which damages the laquer or something...

Blue