VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - mark rees
Does anyone know of an additive to the cooling system that will repair a cracked cylinder head. The problem only shows on the warm up procedure by missing and loss of power and occasionally runs hot. A new head will cost more than the car is worth but it is otherwise in good condition - thanks for any help
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - Dave
Chemical metal by Plastic Padding.
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - mike harvey
Mark, I've serious doubts whether anything will work. It perhaps depends where the crack is. If you can see the crack, could it be welded in situ? I should bite the bullet and buy a used head. Must be less hassle than putting gunge in your rad, and finding it still leaks or overheats.
Regards
Mike
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - Rob Fleming
You should be able to take a perfectly good head of a scrap car - most yards are full of Jettas. Anything more that £20 would be cheeky.

Rob
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Holts do a product similar to radweld but beefier. Worked a treat on a Nissan Bluebird and a Nissan Sunny, both seeping coolant around the spark plugs. No reoccurrence so far and that was over a year ago on both.
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - David Woollard
Andrew,

I think this is the product at nearly £10 and it has a good name this way, if you want to bodge it up for a while.

David
Re: VW Jetta - cracked cylinder head - L.G.Wright
Can you please advise what this product is called - it may help my ailing geriatric V6 Volvo 760!
thanks in advance.