mpv's - egor
I'm in the market for a used mpv. Want to spend about £7-8000
let me know of your experiences.
mpv's - DavidHM
No real experiences - not of used ones anyway. I do have questions though.

How many miles per year? And what sort of journeys?

How many seats? Do you need seven, or would five do? If seven, is it seven adults on a regular basis or just a couple of the kids' friends every so often?

How long do you intend to keep the car?

How do you (and presumably, your partner) feel about driving something bigger than a Focus?

In the absence of any specific answers to those questions, I'd say the Zafira is your best all round bet. £8k should get you a Y plate 1.8 Comfort with 50k miles.
mpv's - egor
miles per month approx 1500

seats would like 5 but need big space in back for 2 big dogs and would like swivel front captains chairs if poss.

Keep it for 5 years

Not bothered about driving big vechicle as we had a 4x4 and now have a primera estate
mpv's - Ivor E Tower
If a Primera estate isn't big enough, then maybe a Zafira won't be either. Was going to suggest something like a Citroen C5 (probably not within your price range yet), Volvo estate (but will need to be a few years old to get into your price range) or a Mondeo estate, which is large. Midi-MPVs will not be sufficiently large for the dogs which then leaves the larger ones. Could try a Peugeot 806/Citroen Synergie or similar; try browsing www.mpvs.co.uk with whom I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.
MPVs - Pugugly {P}
mpv's what ?
MPVs - malteser
Quite!
Sign in Safeway, Gibraltar "DVD's" "CD's" "VIDEOS"
Not even consistent in their errors!
MPVs - Graham
Well I have a Sharon.

If you look at the reliability chart it always comes close to the bottom.

Only one small problem when it used to loose power when it was really wanted. But apart from that it's idea for us. 7 seats but you can remove any/ all that you want. Roomy for walking/climbing gear.

110bhp diesel turbo. Economic, good torque. Comfy. My only gripe is that it is a VW and the dealer is a crook! So much so that I want to hate it - but I can't! It's r reg and I've had it since it was 10mnths old and don't plan on selling it for a very long time. I still don't see anything on the market that beats it.
MPVs - Clanger
Shouldn't it be SharAn?

Here I am again waving the flag for the Synergie. When I bought it nearly new 6 years ago I never thought it would be doing duty as a tradesman's van during the week which it seems to do with ease. At 110K miles it's been one of the most reliable and trouble-free cars the family have owned. The 90 bhp HUD diesel is short of power for a big car but it's comfortable and roomy. Next year it will probably be up for replacement, but I can't think with what.

And no need for any rude suggestions from you Citroenphobes ...

Finally
MPV's an abbreviation, of course.

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
MPVs - Chad.R
PU, Malteser,

Eats, shoots and leaves.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it (if you haven't already!).

Chad.
MPVs - Pugugly {P}
"Eats, shoots and leaves"

sumthing too read on the plain.

Hiring a large MPV on my hols. Will report back.
MPVs - malteser
Got it from Amazon for my birthday pressie! Hilarious as well as instructive IMO.
MPVs - Hugo {P}
Another car to think about is the Picasso.

Room in the back is quite good and they are much better than the Zafira.

We were thinking about an MPV, but felt we were going topay through the nose for a lot of empty space, so decided on a 4 x 4 with 2 dickie seats in the back.

All the passengers now have loads of legroom

I get my 4 x 4

I can now take wife, 2 children and up to 3 of their little friends if I need to.

MiL does not have to sit in the passenger seat commenting on my driving, which is great for her as there is now a reduced likelihood of her WALKING home! She always complaines she couldn't fit in the back if the Xantia.

Hugo
MPVs - Graham
I thought threads were supposed to be motoring based - not hijacked by the spelling /gramma police.
MPVs - egor
I looked at a picasso but seemed smaller bootspace than the primera estate we have at the moment.